When you get into an auto accident, endure a slip and fall, experience an on-the-job incident, or are otherwise personally injured, it can be easy to think that you can fight your case alone. Many people think that getting an attorney is too expensive and seem to believe that they won't get a positive outcome anyways. If you have never been in a situation before where you need to hire an attorney or receive legal help, self representation probably sounds tempting. However, representing yourself can be a mind boggling task since a lot goes into an injury case. We've laid out the important differences between self representation and hiring an attorney:
- Slim knowledge about the legal process
- Experience an overwhelming amount of stress when you don't know the correct process for things
- Limited resources, such as professional connections and access to experts
- Spending way more money than needed or intended
- Slower case timeline
- Unknown outcome of your case
Hiring An Attorney:
-Extensive education, including 7+ years in the university system and law school
- Vast knowledge about the legal process
- Specialized in certain areas to help with your specific injury
- Has a variety of resources, including professional connections and access to experts to help with your individual case
- With Kaufman Law, you get a free consultation and experience no upfront or hidden costs. If we don't win, you don't pay.
- Reasonable case timeline
- Favorable outcome of your case after extensive negotiation
Although many believe that by self representing they will save themselves money, that is not always the case. There are so many things that go into a personal injury case that can be difficult to understand if you do not have the legal knowledge. Hiring an attorney can save you a lot of headache and allow you to focus on recovering from your injury.
If you have been personally injured, we highly encourage you to seek legal representation. Contact Kaufman Law with any questions. Consultations are ALWAYS free.